This article may be reprinted free of charge provided 1) that there is clear attribution to the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, and 2) that both the OMNS free subscription link http://orthomolecular.org/subscribe.html and also the OMNS archive link http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/index.shtml are included.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, October 2, 2012
Physicians and Scientists Call for an End to Fluoridation
Online Video Archive Features Experts Speaking Out in Their Own Words
(OMNS Oct 2, 2012) Opposition to water fluoridation started in the 1940's. Now, the number of experts opposing the practice appears to be at all-time high. Examples of strong professional opposition are now captured on video and available online. At http://www.fluoridealert.org/fan-tv/ you may view both full-length documentaries and short segments on fluoridation. All are available for free access. The videos feature interviews with leading figures in fluoride research, including dentists, toxicologists, and award-winning journalists. They examine the health concerns with current fluoride exposures and the history and politics of the water fluoridation program. There is both archival footage and contemporary clips, many of which have never been available to the general public until now.
Some of the films available:
- Consumer advocate Ralph Nader discusses his stance against water fluoridation. http://www.fluoridealert.org/fan-tv/nader/
- Professional Perspectives on Water Fluoridation (28 minutes) features a Nobel Laureate in Medicine, three scientists from the National Research Council's landmark review on fluoride, as well as dentists, medical doctors, and leading researchers in the field.
- Fluoride Deception is an interview with Christopher Bryson, an award-winning journalist, former BBC producer, and author of the book The Fluoride Deception.
- Benefits of Water Fluoridation? is a succinct review of recent research showing that fluoridating water provides little to no benefit to teeth.
- Dr. William Hirzy & the EPA Union on Fluoridation On June 29th, 2000, Dr. William Hirzy was invited to give testimony before a subcommittee of the U.S. Senate. At the time, Dr. Hirzy was serving his sixth term as the Senior Vice-President of EPA's Headquarters Union of Scientists and Professionals. His presentation that day was, "Why EPA's Union of Professionals Opposes Fluoridation." This video documents the event. It also includes interviews with Dr. Hirzy, who describes the reasoning behind the professional and official stance of his Union members in direct opposition to the EPA's fluoridation policies.
- The Arizona Fluoridation Debate is a formal debate with powerpoint presentations featuring the author of the book The Case Against Fluoride, Paul Connett, PhD, squaring off against Arizona dentist, Howard Farran, DDS.
- The Politics of Fluoride is a 5-minute introduction to how political pressures have thwarted scientific inquiry into fluoride's risks. The video features interviews with several scientists, including Sir Iain Chalmers and Dr. Phyllis Mullenix.
- Why I Changed My Mind on Fluoridation In this 1998 interview, Dr. John Colquhoun (dentist, researcher, and former Principal Dental Officer for the Auckland, New Zealand) explains why he went from being New Zealand's leading promoter of fluoridation to being an opponent of the practice.
Tell Your Doctor, Dentist and Other Scientific Professionals:
Over 4,200 experts have signed the Professional Statement Opposing Water Fluoridation. Signers include Arvid Carlsson, 2000 Nobel Laureate for Physiology/Medicine; Hardy Limeback, PhD, DDS, former President of the Canadian Association of Dental Research; former Ministers of Health; and more than 550 MDs, 500 PhDs, and 350 dentists. Medical and scientific professionals are invited to consider adding their name to the petition at http://www.fluoridealert.org/researchers/professionals-statement/
For further reading:
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's employee's union calls for fluoridation moratorium:
2012 Harvard Fluoride-Brain Study.
2006 National Research Council Report on Fluoride:
The Case Against Fluoride, by Paul Connett PhD, Jim Beck, MD, PhD, and H. Spedding Micklen, D.Phil. 2010. Chesea Green Publishers.
The Fluoride Action Network (FAN) is a non-profit organization that seeks to broaden awareness among citizens, scientists, and policymakers alike about the toxicity of fluoride compounds. http://www.fluoridealert.org/researchers/
Nutritional Medicine is Orthomolecular Medicine
Orthomolecular medicine uses safe, effective nutritional therapy to fight illness. For more information: http://www.orthomolecular.org
Find a Doctor
To locate an orthomolecular physician near you: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v06n09.shtml
The peer-reviewed Orthomolecular Medicine News Service is a non-profit and non-commercial informational resource.
Editorial Review Board:
Ian Brighthope, M.D. (Australia)
Ralph K. Campbell, M.D. (USA)
Carolyn Dean, M.D., N.D. (USA)
Damien Downing, M.D. (United Kingdom)
Dean Elledge, D.D.S., M.S. (USA)
Michael Ellis, M.D. (Australia)
Martin P. Gallagher, M.D., D.C. (USA)
Michael Gonzalez, D.Sc., Ph.D. (Puerto Rico)
William B. Grant, Ph.D. (USA)
Steve Hickey, Ph.D. (United Kingdom)
Michael Janson, M.D. (USA)
Robert E. Jenkins, D.C. (USA)
Bo H. Jonsson, M.D., Ph.D. (Sweden)
Thomas Levy, M.D., J.D. (USA)
Stuart Lindsey, Pharm.D. (USA)
Jorge R. Miranda-Massari, Pharm.D. (Puerto Rico)
Karin Munsterhjelm-Ahumada, M.D. (Finland)
Erik Paterson, M.D. (Canada)
W. Todd Penberthy, Ph.D. (USA)
Gert E. Schuitemaker, Ph.D. (Netherlands)
Robert G. Smith, Ph.D. (USA)
Jagan Nathan Vamanan, M.D. (India)
Andrew W. Saul, Ph.D. (USA), Editor and contact person. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Readers may write in with their comments and questions for consideration for publication and as topic suggestions. However, OMNS is unable to respond to individual emails.
To Subscribe at no charge: http://www.orthomolecular.org/subscribe.html
To Unsubscribe from this list: http://www.orthomolecular.org/unsubscribe.html